This course provides an overview of transit fare policy, including policy goals and objectives, fare structure, fare collection and emerging fare technologies. Participants will discuss the importance of fare policy, policy tradeoffs, pricing strategies and issues influencing fare decisions. The course will discuss fare equity issues, public communication and outreach strategies and data needs.
Transit managers, CEOs, planners; both small and large systems
This course will:
- Identify key aspects of fare policy
- Define key terms important to fare policy
- Examine issues influencing fare policy decisions
- Examine pricing strategies and payment options
- Describe costs and benefits of fare collection methods
- Examine fare equity issues and data needs
- Discuss communication and outreach methods
Participants will gain an understanding of the key aspects of fare policy, the factors that need to be considered when developing a policy, criteria for evaluating the components of fare policy, and techniques for estimating the impacts of fare policy choices. They will also be able to develop and defend a fare policy.
- $300.00 for Contractor, Consulting, Non-USA Transportation or Government Agency, Other
- Free for all others