Since 1921, Injury Facts has been the watchdog publication for preventable (accidental) death and injury in the United States. In 2018, Injury Facts™ moved online! The new website (injuryfacts.nsc.org) is a free resource featuring interactive charts and graphs, so visitors can explore and compare the data as never before.
Join Ken Kolosh, NSC Statistics Manager and the creator of Injury Facts, as he walks you through the website providing tips and tricks to get the most out of this free resource while exploring the latest trends, research and statistics. Among the trends Mr. Kolosh will highlight:
- Preventable death trends by:
- The prevalence of preventable/accidental deaths compared to homicide and suicide
- How the opioid overdose crisis is driving up preventable deaths
- Why traffic crashes are not going down
- The factors driving the workplace fatalities and injuries
- A comparison of fatality and injury trends by industry
- Profiles of the top workplace injury events
- The economic cost of preventable injuries and death
- Your updated “Odds of Dying”, as many Americans continue to worry about the wrong things.
Registration is required. Questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.