Inclusion is important for everyone. Transportation plays a big role in inclusion by giving everyone equal access to the same opportunities of those who do not use public transit. This might mean a doctor appointment, getting groceries, or even getting your hair done at the local salon.
This event will focus on inclusion and the role public transit plays to ensure everyone has equal opportunities to access the services they need to have a productive life. The following topics will be discussed by a variety of speakers:
- Transportation’s role in racial equity
- The impact COVID-19 has had on older ridership & marketing to older riders
- Trends that impact accessible services
- Local and national Resources working to increase knowledge and access to transportation
- Breaking down barriers
- Creating an inclusive environment