Due to the impact of COVID-19, the National Safety Council will reschedule this workshop to another date. We are looking at scheduling it in conjunction with one of these events: the 2020 NSC Congress & Expo in October in Indianapolis, the 2020 SECE Southeast Safety Conference & Expo in Charleston, SC, in November, or in Pittsburgh in early December. To receive a notification about the new date and location, please provide your contact information below.
Addressing Opioids at Work is a one-day workshop that will help you navigate the complexities of creating a workplace opioid program. You will leave this workshop with an actionable plan for designing and implementing an effective, comprehensive workplace opioid program tailored for your organization.
This workshop will help you:
- Guide HR professionals on developing and implementing an effective drug free workplace policy and program
- Educate safety professionals, managers and supervisors on how to recognize and address opioid impairment on the job
- Understand and address workplace stigma towards people with substance use disorder
- Engage employees on the issue, support employees in treatment and implement recovery-friendly workplace programs
- Understand unique issues and opportunities small businesses face