OTA Hiring Executive Director
July 13, 2021
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR Oklahoma Transit Association (Oklahoma City, OK)
How would you like to be Oklahoma’s voice for public transportation and lead the charge to propel the state into a part of the top ten in the nation? The Oklahoma Transit Association (OTA) is looking to identify candidates for the career-defining position of Executive Director.
Executive Director Position
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for administering, managing, and executing the affairs of the OTA for the overall benefit of the Oklahoma Transit Association (OTA), its membership, and its constituency. Guided by the President, the Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors, the ED’s primary focus will be ensuring that the daily activities of OTA are in compliance and support of the most recently adopted strategic plan. The ED will be responsible for developing an annual work plan with specific targets to be accomplished in accordance with the strategic plan.
Desired candidate attributes include: detail oriented, coalition builder, inclusive, listener, thoughtful, servant leader, trustworthy, and sincere. The minimum requirements for this position are excellent communication skills, Bachelor’s Degree (Masters or Law Degree preferred), five years of experience in Association Management and/or Advocacy with appropriate certifications.
See this OTA-Executive-Director-Brochure for the full job description.
How to Apply
OTA has retained the executive search services of KJ Backpack LLC.
Please send all confidential inquiries to:
OTA Executive Director Search
KJ Backpack LLC PO Box 2235 Gaffney, SC 29341
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: OTA Executive Director
Please include a cover letter, resume as well as three professional references within application.
Tulsa Transit is Hiring a Director of Transportation
Director of Transportation
July 14, 2021
Description: Oversees and directs the operation of the Transportation Department which currently includes Safety & Training as well as security. Duties include, but are not limited to overseeing approx. 125 employees, preparing / analyzing monthly reports, enforcing standards to maintain quality bus service, develop and implement operational strategies and projects, respond to grievances, and oversee all activities involving the use of transit vehicles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of eight years’ experience in transportation or similar operation and three years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Must hold a current CLD A or B Oklahoma driver’s license with air brakes and passenger endorsement or obtain one within six months of being hired.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with staff and the public.
- Must have the capacity to deal with more than one problem at a time and deal calmly with employees and the public under stressful situations.
- Must be experienced in labor/union relations and contract negotiations.
- Transportation experience preferred.
Visit the Tulsa Transit website to apply!