Participants will learn the purpose of a risk review, necessary preparations required to undertake a risk assessment, principles of the methods used for risk assessment, and how such assessments are applied to the project management process. Topics include:
- FTA’s risk review requirements
- Stages of project development when a risk assessment should be performed
- Types of expertise necessary to conduct a risk assessment Evaluating a project’s status
- Identifying risks and mapping them to project components
- Factoring risks
- Risk assessment process, including Beta range factor concepts
- Risk response
- Risk protection, contingency analysis, and primary and secondary risk mitigation
- Implementing and monitoring a Risk Management Plan
This course is intended for government managers, contract managers, designers, and builders who are undertaking a transit capital project larger than $300 million. However, please keep in mind the content of this course is scalable for small and medium projects.
This is a comprehensive course. The following prerequisites are recommended:
- General knowledge of transit systems and common design and construction issues;
- Basic understanding of how New Starts transit development occurs within the context of the FTA funding assistance; and
- Experience with standard project metrics, such as estimating and scheduling.
The goal of this course is to provide an overview of the risk review process, as described by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Oversight Procedure (OP) documents, including particularly OP-40.
$300.00 for Contractor, Consulting, Non-USA Transportation or Government Agency, Other.
Free for all others.
Program Coordinator: Myrna Sirleaf
Telephone: (848) 932-6040
Join us to exchange ideas and learn about the latest developments in the transportation industry. More than 700 corporate and governmental transportation leaders worldwide will come together to discuss emerging technologies, demographic shifts, climate change adaptation, and other variables disrupting the transportation space.
May OTA Board Meeting
Wed, May 29, 2019 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM CDT
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122
Access Code: 650-157-621
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
The purpose of the meeting is to provide a venue for peer exchange among road weather management stakeholders and practitioners consisting of State Departments of Transportation, local agencies, academia, vendors, weather service providers (public and private), and consultants. The meeting will include presentations, facilitated discussions, vendor exhibits, and networking opportunities for all participants.